Monday, May 09, 2005

Excited and scared

This is so nerdy but I don't care. I am so excited about my project right now. I feel I'm on the verge of discovering something big. I'm so nervous and scared b/c I've been burned before, but I'm using what I've learned from my mistakes and proceeding cautiously. I'm doing controls. I'm ensuring consistency and reproducibility. I'm scared b/c I can't prove that the results aren't real. What if it's real?! This is something new that has never been done before. I feel I might have a choice. I've been working so hard, and it may work out for me. But I'll have to stay in St. Louis longer and work very hard. I don't care. It's worth it. I'm just scared I'll fall on my face. I need to make sure it's real. My excitement is fueling my energy and productivity; it's also exhausting me. My committee meeting is tomorrow. I hope they're excited as well.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay ra! im sure your experiements and the commitee meeting will go well. i definately need to come out and cook for you sometime this summer while you are busy working on stuff. love you and good luck with everything!

Rachel said...

Thanks, Erin. I'm so tired today. I just want to get this meeting over with. My chair is home sick so I don't know what's going to happen.