Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Shredded Knees

I did the final long run of training in preparation for the 1/2 marathon last night. Finished in the dark. I love running in the dark. It's surreal. You can't see the ground, and I get this sensation like I'm floating. Like a weird but comforting dream. 12 miles, and I felt very good at the end. I could have gone farther. Long and slow the whole way. I felt energized and got all sorts of things done afterwards.
This morning was a different story. I feel like an old person with really bad arthritis. I had a hard time getting down the stairs, and I was afraid my legs would fail me getting out of bed. My knees feel shredded. I swear, I can feel the bones inside the joint grinding together when I walk. I have mysterious bruises on my knees too. Don't know what that's about.
My dreams were riddled with thoughts of running and training. Hard-core stuff. An avid runner I know appeared in the dream and presented me with a huge steak--raw. It looked sooo good. I devoured the whole piece of raw meat right then and there. It was delicious. Is this a sign I need to eat more protein?
Plod on fellow training partners.

No comments: