Monday, March 07, 2005

Long Run

I was pretty successful in sticking to my workout plans this weekend thanks to gorgeous weather that would have put me to shame if I had chosen to stay inside and sloth on the couch. Sunday we went on a 10 mile run. I wasn't sure if I could do it, and I was pretty ragged by the end, but I did it! I was able to maintain about 9 minute miles on average, better than I felt like I was doing. I wore my heart rate monitor and kept my pulse (or tried to) below 170 the whole time, averaging about 160. It felt comfortable. Plus, my iPod crapped out on me at mile 2 so I had to go without music for most of it. Good training for race day. I was fine.
I've been pretty slack on the swimming. My SwiMp3 player is coming today so that will be great incentive to get in the pool more. I can't wait. I don't feel sore today and I'm not injured! That makes me happy. I iced both legs for 20 minutes after yesterday's run. That seemed to help a lot.
As far as a bunny update (not triathlon related--but hey, they're cute), Paddy Bear seems to enjoy Lemony Snickett's tales of "A series of unfortunate events." I got to volunteer at the main foster bunny house on Saturday and clean out the baby bunny cages. 6 babies plus Mom makes 7. They are SO disgustingly cute. And just flat out disgustingly dirty too. But they're fun to play with. It's nice to come home to a clean house with my snuggly buns that are litter-box trained.

No comments: