Friday, March 25, 2005

Kickin' my ass, the schizos, and recycling

I was good last night. Relatively. After stuffing myself with Easter candy and taking a 2-hour nap, I forced myself onto the treadmill. I didn't even think about it. Too much thinking means talking myself out of it. I just jumped on, and eeked out 4 miles. Then, I threw myself on the bike for an hour. And cleaned litterboxes. It was late but I did it. And that's all that matters. I have an ambitious weekend planned. We'll see if I can keep up, or if I kick my ass.
It's been raining here all week. How depressing. Plus, our neighbors, the schizos, keep throwing trash in our yard. No, I'm not kidding. We live next door to a halfway house for schizophrenics. Harmless, but a little strange. They throw half-eaten food in our yard. The flowers in one of the porch flowerbox were replaced with a piece of planted pizza last summer. It didn't grow into a pizza tree, much to the disappointment of our neighbors, I'm sure. I've had conversations with one guy who plays classic rock on the guitar. He offered to give me the phone number of Jimmi Hendrix. But all in all, it's not a problem. Just interesting. I guess it's better than the volunteers who collect and recycle the aluminum cans out of our alleyway dumpsters for free. What a nice service though. Very eco-friendly. But really, I'll save how much I love this city for another day. That's a whole other post.

No comments: