For those of you out there who are thinking, "yea, it'd be nice to exercise more and swimming, biking, and running sound fun, but I could never do a triathlon; that's insane!", don't give up so soon. It's a lot easier than you think. Anyone can do a triathlon. You don't need that much equipment, insane amounts of time to train, or a ton of talent and ability. Most important, no matter what you do, do something! Get out there and be active!
The positives are:
1) you never get bored from doing the same ole' thing.
2) you'll be training your ENTIRE body, which prevents injury and makes you strong all over
3) you'll have lower body fat, cholesterol, heart rate, and blood pressure so you'll live longer
4) you get to be outside and enjoy the great outdoors
5) It's fun!
6) If someone is ever chasing you, you'll be able to outrun them on land, sea, or bike
7) you'll have a sexy, ripped body to die for!
The negatives are:
1) You'll have more laundry.
2) Your grocery bill will rise.
3) You'll get big, ugly blisters and callouses on your feet (kiss your foot modeling career goodbye).
4) Your nails will all be chipped and cracked from the chlorine (forget nailpolish, pedicures, or manicures; waste of money).
5) Your skin will be a combination of scaly dry from the chlorine and oily break-outs from the sweat and sunblock.
6) You have to go to bed early and wake up early, even on weekends.
7) Even though you go to bed early on Saturday night, you still may end up throwing up come Sunday morning.
See? The negatives are nothing! Come on, and give it a tri! (More on how to tri later).