Monday, June 28, 2021

Weekend Workouts

 Now that I'm not training for an Ironman, weekends don't have to be marathon sessions. I'm focusing on working out consistently every day instead. It's so nice to be able to workout and have enough time and energy to enjoy the rest of the day!

Saturday, 6/26/21: Pool swim. Burgess is still requiring a reservation: $10 for 35 minutes. It sucks but I do crave the pool now and then. I used it as a time trial. I got in 1800 yards, including a little cool-down at the end! Felt great. I can't wait until there is no time limit.

Sunday 6/27/21: I was grumpy all day and almost did nothing. Finally, at 5 pm I got on my bike (Pandora) and headed out to the Portola Valley Loop. It was only 20 miles of rolling hills but it felt wonderful. And, I felt fast. Finally, a bike ride that didn't kill me. 

After 4 solid weeks, the workouts are finally not beating me up so much. 

No comments: