Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Week 3 Workouts

 I was disheartened to learn I hadn't lost ANY weight when I got on the scale this morning. I'm only weighing myself once a week. I couldn't believe it. I've been cutting calories, eating more fruits and veggies, and working out every day. So frustrating. I have about 20 pounds to lose, and they are NOT coming off. I'm trying to just focus on getting into shape and being healthy, even if I have to do this with the extra weight. I'm still slow as shit too but I have to admit, the workouts feel easier, and I even see some muscle definition starting to pop out. Trying so hard to focus on the positives but internally, I'm feeling very meh. 

Saturday, June 12: 4.4 mile run (thought it was 5 so this was disappointing to realize my "long" run is still so short. I used to run marathons, after all. Ugh.)

Sunday, June 13: 26 mile bike up King's Mountain to Skyline and back. About 2500 feet of climbing. My first ride with significant climbing since I started working out again. Despite everyone and their little sister spinning past me uphill and making me feel like a snail, I felt strong and steady. I never had any doubt I could reach the top. 

Monday, June 14: 1.2 mile open-water swim in the bay (more like a pea-soup, saltwater lagoon--Gull Park in Foster City). This was fantastic. My first open water swim since the fall, and it went, well, swimmingly!  I felt great the whole time, despite the current on the way back, kicked up by the afternoon winds. My back and shoulders were very sore the next day. Best part? I didn't need a wetsuit! The water was upper 60s. This was a great workout. 

Tuesday, June 15: 4.5 mile run. I got it done. Juneau helped. It was a bit hot (70s--I know, I'm a wimp). I could find a steady pace to maintain indefinitely (finally) but I'm SO slow. Oh, well. It was a good workout.

I don't know why I feel so blah. I've been doing a great job and am getting stronger. I just wish I was faster and weighed less. Working on it, but it's not easy.

No comments: