Monday, June 07, 2021

Summer is here!

 Apparently, I haven't posted since last July. The school year was tough, really tough. Hopefully, it will go down in the books as the toughest ever. Somehow, I made it through, and, based on the crowds, the pandemic seems to be over in the Bay Area. Now that I'm vaccinated and school is out, it's time to work on myself and get back into shape.

I definitely gained the "Covid 15" but I'm in no worse shape than I was a year ago. Okay, I'm a little bit (a lot) more out of shape than my last post. I'm excited to be able to sign up for races again to stay motivated.  Logging my workouts seems to motivate me too, which is why I'm here. 

I've had my ups and downs this past year, but I've never given up on working on myself and fitting in the odd swim, run, or bike here and there. Travis passed in December. That was the biggest low of 2020. I still miss him every day. Luckily, I still have Juneau, and she is a faithful running partner. So I'm keeping on keeping on.

One of the highlights was being able to swim in the school pool with a new friend (water polo coach, ultra swimmer and fellow Bio teacher). We swam at 6:30 am 2x a week for 6 weeks! This past week, I swam 3x. I loved it and can't wait to resume next year. It certainly makes me look forward to getting to school. In the meantime, the ocean is open (although very cold--upper 50s), and I have a 35 minute slot at the local pool this afternoon ($10--grrrr--can't wait til the COVID restrictions are lifted).

Here are this past week's workouts (first time I was consistent and had something worth writing about for awhile):

Monday (5/31): 8-mile hike up Montara Mountain in Half Moon Bay with doggo and bf. Hard and hilly the first 4 miles but we made it! (see pics below)

Tuesday (6/1): 45 minute pool swim

Wednesday (6/2): 3 mile run with Juneau to the park and back (I'm out of shape; it was harder than it should have been).

Thursday (6/3): 45 minute pool swim

Friday (6/4): 45 minute pool swim

Saturday (6/5): 20 mile bike--rolling hills on "the Loop" in Woodside/Portola Valley. Gorgeous. I pushed it and was really sore the next day.

Sunday (6/6): 3 mile run with Juneau (same as Wednesday). Again, harder than it should have been. I was sore from the previous day's bike.

Monday (6/7): weights and a swim soon. can't wait!!!

Keep the momentum going!



No comments: