Thursday, July 26, 2007

Off Day

This morning, I noticed Bluebell's front tire was flat (at least slow leaks are better than flats on your ride, right?). In the 5 years I've owned her, this is the first flat in the front. That's right, folks. That tire has had the original tube straight off the floor for 5 years. Although I knew it was only a matter of time, I couldn't help but to think it was a bad omen.

Sure enough, I've been having a crap day. This week is a recovery week but I feel more tired and exhausted than I do in full training. My stomach has been killing me the last few days (IBS acting up), and I've been moody and depressed. To make matters worse, 2 experiments I analyzed today turned out to be crap. That's my word for the day--crap. I'm having one of those days where I'm wondering if I can make it.

4 comments:

SM said...

Yeah I had one of those bad days the other day. Thankfully it only lasted one day. Woke up the next day and felt so much better.
Just wait until tomorrow!

Shawn

Dances with Corgis said...

Five years on one tube... damn!!

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the recovery week. It's amazing how you can feel more run down on an easy week than you do with a super-hard training week. Don't worry, recovery weeks don't last forever.

5 years on the same tube? My last tube didn't last 5 hours. Were are you getting those things at?

RunBubbaRun said...

I think blue bell might just be a little ticked off at the new ride..

Not really a bad omen.. Maybe just one of those "crap" days.

Hope you feel better soon.