I like to ask myself this before I go to bed at night. It helps me focus on the positive. It's therapeutic. Today hasn't really gone as I had hoped. Way too much lab, too much exhaustion, too much junk-food eating, too little exercise.
Highlights of my day today:
1. 7:00 a.m. Wake-up sex.
2. 7:45 a.m. Realized there was no electricity.
3. 8:00 a.m. Showered in the darks. Mildly exciting.
4. 8:15 a.m.-9:20 a.m. Cleaned litterboxes w/o vacuum cleaner or a.c.; very strenuous
5. 8:30 a.m. Enjoyed Oscar's antics as he investigated Jason's toes
6. 10:00 a.m. Power returns! A weird part of me is disappointed; the excitement of a new challenge is gone; the normal part of me is relieved.
The good part about the power going out: we realized it was nice enough to turn off the a.c. and open the windows. Ahhh, the fresh smell of rain. Thank you Hurricane Dennis remnants!
7. 10:30 a.m. Had a very positive, productive talk with P.I. This makes my day b/c I can rest easy. I'm still on her good side after her week-long vacation in Italy (jealousy sets in). Phew. Anxiety dissipates.
8. 10:45 a.m. Try to clean radioactivity out of centrifuge rotor (which has been soaking in "Count-Off" overnight) to no avail. My attempts are futile. Rotor is still screaming hot.
This creates a new word of the day: "screaming hot."
9. 11:10 a.m. Guzzle down grande, skim, triple-shot latte. Realize I've become one of those people who drink grande, skim, triple-shot lattes and am ashamed.
10. 11:20 a.m. IBS kicks in, making stomach queasy and achy for next few hours. Probably as a result of the grande, skim, triple-shot latte. Lose appetite for lunch.
11. 3:00 p.m. After running around madly in lab, succumb to overwhelming urge to return to coffe shop downstairs for more caffeine. Decide on green tea alternative to coffee. However, eat disgustingly gargantuan, chewy, gooey chocolate-chip cookie and feel extremely guilty about it afterwards.
12. 3:15 p.m. Endorphins from chocolate kick-in, putting me in a dream-like state of ecstasy. Effects don't last long. They should concentrate the chemicals in chocolate and fashion a new recreational drug out of it. Mmmmmm. Chocolate.
13. 8:16 p.m. Feelings of exhaustion are all-consuming. Still stuck in lab. Realize intentions and desires to exercise will probably not be met tonight. More overwhelming feelings of guilt and failure.
Ugh. What a day. Am looking forward to getting home, vegging on the couch, and watching t.v. This will be the highlight of my day.