Friday, July 08, 2005

"The Lump"

I had my annual ob/gyn appt. this week. Not a big deal. However, the doctor found a lump in my breast. It's probably not a big deal. Just a cyst. She thinks its related to my period and will probably go away mid-cycle but she had me schedule a follow-up appointment just to be sure. I'm sure it's not a big deal. However, now that's it's been a few days, it's got me thinking. And, being the way I am, worrying. I know what other women must go through when they have to wait for the doctor's verdict. My mother had breast cancer. She's a survivor, but I know she went through hell and back. If it's still there next week, she'll do an ultrasound. In the meantime, I've been checking "the lump" a couple times a day to see if it's changed. It seems smaller to me. But honestly, I can't tell. It's like a scab I can't stop picking. I feel like "the lump" is an unwanted visitor that has taken up residence in my body. It's taking on it's own persona. I'm glad the doctor is taking another look at it next week. That's the only thing comforting me right now as I picture "the lump" grinning like a goblin in my breast.

4 comments:

blake said...

Scary.
I hope everything is all right!

Kevin Yates said...

wow...that is scary.

I hope everything turns out alright as well.

I will pray for you.

RosieBoo said...

Hang in there! I'll be praying for you.

Fizzgig said...

I'll be thinking about you~ I hope everything goes well! Positive energy coming your way!