Thursday, August 05, 2021

Week 10-Keeping on keeping on

 I've been tired this week. Not sleeping well. Feeling blue about returning to school and work next week, which is normal this time of year. I know as soon as school begins, I will feel better. I've been slower in my workouts and beating myself up about it. As the week finishes, I've been shifting my focus to just getting the workouts done, enjoying them and focusing on my health. 

Monday, 8/2/21: Rest day. I felt tired and sore after a weekend of solid workouts. However, taking a rest day was hard for me. It felt awful.

Tuesday, 8/3/21: Run (4.5 miles with Juneau) and weights. I was slow and beat myself up about it. Time to  leave the GPS at home for awhile and just enjoy running.

Wednesday, 8/4/21: 2300 yd pool swim, including an 800 free and 10x100. Again, slow. My best time was 2:08 and it only got worse from there. I was so sore afterwards.

Thursday, 8/5/21: 27 mile bike ride (Edgewood/Canada/Whiskey/Loop). I actually felt pretty good. This was a solid ride. Followed it up with weights. 

Looking forward to the rest of this week's workouts!

View from the top of Edgewood. Always makes the climb worthwhile.








Gull Park in Foster City where I do my open water swims.

No comments: