Sunday, August 15, 2021

Still Going Strong. No excuses!

 Despite the first week of school kicking my butt, I still managed to do all my workouts! It wasn't easy but I'm very proud. The trick was not to focus on distance or speed but just doing a workout. I told myself if I didn't feel good after 5 minutes, I could quit. I never did! Plus, I managed to lose 2 more pounds!

Here's how the rest of Week 11 panned out:

Wednesday, August 11, 2021: First Day of School!

I woke up early and did weights! Who is this person? School was hectic and exhausting but so great. I'm so glad we are back in person. After school I was exhausted. By the time I got on the bike, it was 5:30. But the key was that I got on the bike. After a slow warm-up, I felt peppy and killed it for 20 miles on the trip bike! I even included some little hills with Alpine and Arastradero before coming back on Foothill, where I was going 18-20 mph. Smokin'!

Thursday, August 12: I took a nap. I didn't think I was going to work out. Around 8:30, I put on my headlamp, got Juneau and went out for a 5-mile run. It was so much fun! I love night runs!

Friday, August 13: After school, I went to the pool for a swim before my massage. Knowing I was getting a massage right after was great motivation. I did a back-free-breast warm-up, then a 500 free, followed by 3x200, 3x100,  and 4x50 to try to work on speed. I'm definitely not faster but felt strong and managed 2100 yds. 

Saturday, August 14: Let the hard training weekends begin! I ran in Huddart Park again but this time did 10.4 miles. It was HILLY (1800 feet--all in the first 6 miles) but the return descent was heaven. It was hot too! I drank my entire Camelback, plus 2 salt tabs and 5 orange Cliff Blocks. I think I'm training for a half marathon! The ice bath was heaven. 

Sunday, August 15: We did the Coast Loop (51 miles, 4,000 feet of climbing, up to Skyline twice). I basically did the same ride as last weekend but with more added to the middle. I killed it on Tunitas! I'm so proud of myself right now. Just very sore. 

No comments: