Tuesday, August 10, 2021

School Starts Tomorrow!

 I am all ready for year 9! Everything is prepped and ready to go. I'm very excited, after a year-and-a-half of distance learning. I'm also motivated to keep up with exercise and healthy eating. I've loaded my classroom with healthy lunches and snacks and am going to bring my workout clothes with me to school and exercise immediately afterwards, instead of going home first.

Here's how the week has been going:

Sunday, 8/8/21:

After my very challenging Huddart Park run, we rode a 40 mile out-and-back ride to Half Moon Bay. The Bike Hut was our midway point. I was nervous. This is a very challenging, 4,000 foot ride with two trips up to the top of Skyline. Yes, my legs were tired. And, yes, I nailed it. I was enormously proud of myself. I felt strong (slow, but strong) the whole way and could have even gone farther! Link to Bike Hut Ride.

Monday, 8/9/21:

This was my first day back, and the endless meetings usually do me in. I forced myself to swim at Burgess and was so happy I did. The warm up sucked. My body was tired and sore. I put no pressure on myself and just kept swimming. Then, my body loosened up, and I found a good solid pace. I ended up swimming about 2300 yds. After a 450 warm-up (free-breast-back), I did a descending ladder (500-400-300-200-100). I ended with some 50s and a cool-down.

Tuesday, 8/10/21:

I was going to take a rest day, but I'm worried about skipping a day. I was exhausted after school so I took a nap. Juneau got me up and convince me to run. We did 4.75 miles around the neighborhood. I actually felt peppy!

No comments: