Thursday, July 01, 2021

Week 5-Trying to be Patient

 I need to try to appreciate all my health and fitness gains lately. I've been fixated on the static number on the scale. However, I'm getting faster. I'm getting stronger. I'm seeing more muscle tone. There have been positive changes to celebrate. Despite feeling a little "meh", I've pushed through and continued to workout this week as well as count calories. I am loving summer vacation because I get to focus on getting myself back into shape and getting healthier. Looking forward to some fall races!

Tuesday, 6/29/2021: did solid set of weights in the morning. 

Rode 9 mile recovery ride with dad in the afternoon.

Wednesday, 6/30/2021: rode Old La Honda to top of Skyline and back on 84. 27 miles, 2500 feet of climbing. Felt great, until I bonked, 4 miles from the house. Ate a protein bar and was fine. Tip: put a 3rd bottle of ice water in the back of your jersey for a cool treat and extra water!

https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/4478935726

Thursday, 7/1/2021: Ran 6.5 miles with Juneau to school and back to check on the fish. It was mid-70s and sunny. We ran through the Lindenwood neighborhood which was cool and shady. I relished in the ease of our pace. I feel like I've finally found my base pace again, where I can float along effortlessly forever. Time to sign up for a half marathon!

https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/4480555675 

Did weights after a nap. Felt good. Finished with some extra lunges.


No comments: