Thursday, July 08, 2021

Happy Thursday!

 I've been trying to do 2 bikes, 2 swims, 2 weights, and 3 runs each week. Because I'm on summer vacation, it's actually been very doable. I was a little stressed about this week (Week 6) because I'm going to Portland for the weekend. I wanted to front load my workouts so as not to need to worry about my weekend trip. However, I felt very fatigued. I've been working out like crazy, without a rest day, which I actually think I like better (I can always take easy days when I'm tired, instead of a rest day). Long story short, I think I'm going to make quota this week!

Thursday, July 8th: Swim & Bike. Today, I swam in the local Burgess pool. I didn't have to make a reservation! I just dropped in! It was so much fun to swim in the pool for however long I wanted and just play around. I was pretty sore from the swim in Gull Park the previous day. Even though I had to split a lane, it was so nice to swim in a pool, with a pace clock. I did a long warm-up (about 1,000 yds) focusing on my stroke, mixing in back stroke and breast stroke. I find that back stroke really helps stretch out my sore, overused muscles from freestyle. I then did a descending pyramid, trying to increase speed with each new set. I'm slow but steady and can do a base pace all day long. I did about 2,1000 yds. I 

After lunch and a nap, I headed out on my trip bike (Torch) for a little ride. Something easy, short, and fast--I was feeling tired but needed to get on the bike. I knocked out 20 miles with lots of flats and some short hills. It was perfect. I went up Alpine, headed back on Arastredero and then home on Middlefield. Next time, I'll take Foothill home. Too many stoplights and stupid drivers on Middlefield, including 2 teenage boys in a black Audi SUV (LP# P3OUOUO) who squirted water in my face at a stoplight. 

No comments: