Monday, November 02, 2009

Moving Forward





"The best way out is always through."
--Robert Frost



Week 3. I am moving forward. Travis has really completed my life. I am discovering new trails, new parks, new beaches. We go everywhere together.



My dad sent me the lyrics from a Carrie Underwood song:
"And, I, I close my eyes; And, I kiss that frog
Each time finding
The more boys I meet
the more I love my dog"

Travis and I are doing great. I'm healing well. Last night, I redecorated. I love having my own schedule, my own freedom, the liberty to try new things I've always wanted. I can turn the heat on whenever I want, I can go to bed whenever I want, watch whatever I want on tv, listen to whatever music I want; I'm loving it. I've never had such freedom before.

I've enjoyed my off season. I'm ready to start getting back into shape, preparing for Ironman Utah. November will be all about getting my body used to consistent, regular workouts again without overdoing it. Saturday, I went for a short, hard ride. Such an adrenaline rush. Sunday, I ran a very slow 9-miles on trails. Later, Travis and I hiked down to the beach. Travis guarantees I will always be moving out in the fresh air and sunshine!

Moving forward. One step at a time.

My friend e-mailed me this:
WHY DOGS ARE BETTER THAN MEN
Dogs do not have problems expressing affection in public.
Dogs miss you when you're gone.
You never wonder if your dog is good enough for you.
Dogs feel guilt when they've done something wrong.
Dog's don't brag about whom they have slept with.
Dogs don't criticize your friends.
Dogs admit when they're jealous.
Dogs do not play games with you--except fetch (and they never laugh at how you throw).
Dogs are happy with any video you choose to rent, because they know the most important thing is that you're together.
Dogs don't feel threatened by your intelligence.
You can train a dog.
Dogs are already in touch with their inner puppies.
You are never suspicious of your dog's dreams.
Gorgeous dogs don't know they're gorgeous.
The worst social disease you can get from dogs is fleas.
Dogs understand what "no" means.
Dogs don't need therapy to undo their bad socialization.
Dogs don't make a practice of killing their own species.
Dogs understand if some of their friends can't come insde.
Dogs think you're a culinary genius.
You can house train a dog.
You can force a dog to take a bath.
Dogs don't correct your stories.
Middle-aged dogs don't feel the need to abandon you for a younger owner.
Dogs aren't threatened by a woman with short hair.
Dogs aren't threatened by two women with short hair.
Dogs don't mind if you do all the driving.
Dogs don't step on the imaginary brake.
Dogs admit it when they're lost.
Dogs don't weigh down your purse with their stuff.
Dogs do not care whether you shave your legs.
Dogs take care of their own needs.
Dogs aren't threatened if you earn more than they do.
Dogs mean it when they kiss you.
Dogs are nice to your relatives.

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Great "Dogs are better than Men" list!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Glad you're doing well!

Wes said...

ahem... ;-)

Renee said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your dog! They change your life...enjoy it!!

Jessie said...

Hey Rachel,
Saw your letter in Triathlete Mag, congrats! Glad you're feeling better and Travis sounds like a great addition to your life!

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

It is sooooo true about dogs!!

Oh, just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Your Blog is Over the Top Award …
Now it’s your turn to fill out the silly questionnaire!! :)