Friday, November 20, 2009

Adventures with Travis

Adopting Travis has been one of the best decisions I've made in my life. I was warned, "Dogs are a lot of work," but it's been nothing but rewards on my end. I have to walk him 3x a day. Woe is me. You mean, I have to spend 30 minutes a couple times a day running and walking on trails, enjoying the sunshine and stopping every now and then to smell the flowers? Oh, the agony! There is nothing better than waking up and going for a walk with your best friend first thing in the morning. It's a great way to warm up before a work out. In addition, he's always happy to see me when I get home (aka the nickname "Mr. Wiggles" when I walk in the door). After dinner and an evening walk, we work on obedience commands. He is a fast learner and has gotten, "Sit", "Shake", "Down", "Stay", "Come", "Beg", and "Roll Over" down pat. He's also a very good snuggler. On weekends, we frequent all the dog parks and beaches (Travis is a guy magnet). I take him everywhere with me.

I've been starting to train again. Very unofficial. Just a lot of relaxed group runs, some masters swims, and group rides. Ah, it feels good to feel sore again.

P.S.--Got a LifeFitness functional trainer today. Most awesome home gym EVER!!!

Photo Journal:

"Hurry up, Mom! Let's go!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." (love it when his tongue hangs out).

"YIPPEE!!!"

"WAIT! What's that? Is it a rabbit?!"



"I smell a rabbit!"

"Time for a nap."








10 comments:

Sarah said...

Travis is quite a handsome dog! It sounds like you have a pretty awesome dog and he is equally happy :) They are such awesome adventure partners, and never complain about having to get up early! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Terrish B said...

Oh Travis is soooooo cute! I wish that I had a doggy! Have a great weekend!

Renee said...

So freaking cute! I did not want to get a dog because of the work, but like you I have enjoyed incorporting him into my days and having him along makes things more fun!bourevan

Unknown said...

He is gorgeous. I'm an animal lover as well, and believe that they are so beneficial to their owners.

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

He is sooooo cute! I just want to kiss his face!! You are so lucky that you have a dog! We have to wait 'till we move back to the states!

XTB-XAVI said...

Fantastic dog!Is he a black labrador? ...it recalls me my Goldie (Golden Retriever) that died last summer during one of my training in Brazil...we don't know what happened?

I miss him...

Rachel take care and long live to Travis!

"XTB" Xavi.

Anonymous said...

I was house sitting for my brother and sister-in-law two weeks ago. They have two cats and a black lab (female named Sarah). Walking her was great. There's nothing like a big dog resting her head on the edge of the bed at 6am huffing and puffing because she wants to go out. It was so much fun!

Bob said...

He's a handsome dog, enjoy him!

Anonymous said...

視訊交友高雄網.免費卡通影片線上觀看.正宗自拍美女 aooyy.成人夜色網.日本 avdvd 介紹免費觀賞.bt電影下載,aa 片.免費視訊交友.foxy下載.咆哮小老鼠論壇av.高雄視訊.辣妺視訊.性愛情小說.色咪咪情色網,視訊熱舞秀.情人視訊高雄網.sex888,sexy girl.xxx383美女寫真aa.線上 aa 片試看嘟嘟h.85cc免費影片a.台北視訊,免費a網.a 免費影片觀賞.免費視訊辣妹.彩虹頻道免費短片.小魔女免費影片.日本免費視訊.台北視訊.女生自衛a影片.小魔女自拍天堂.摸摸耳小遊戲.松島楓免費影片.avhigh.aa 片免費看.av104.咆哮小老鼠分享論壇.bt電影下載,免費成人片.影音視訊交友 .緯來電影台.av,偷拍,aa 片試看,情色短片.aa片免費看.aa影片下載城.免費線上 a 電影直播短片.交友ggoo.後宮電影電影院.百分百貼影片區.sex888免費看影片論壇,18 成人.視訊交友90739.黑澀會美眉容瑄.金瓶影片交流區.免費成人影片,104免費成人情色文學小說.小潘潘成人片.sex520免費電影.wii無雙遊戲網ps3遊戲網小遊戲 影片.台灣18成人.無碼 av影片 視訊聊天 影片 寫真 .微風論壇短片區.成人貼圖站.18成人交友.avhello成人電影院.土豆網韓劇播放.成人小說.成人文章.6k聊天網,搞笑影片,性愛,後宮.後宮-成人影片

Laura said...

so cute. I really miss having a dog but know that the time just isn't right.