Monday, May 02, 2005

Making major decisions

I couldn't get to sleep last night. Maybe it was the coffee or the 3 hour nap at 6 pm. Or all the stuff on my mind. Anyway, I finally turned the light on and wrote in my diary. It felt good. I realized I had all this pent-up anxiety from decisions I needed to make. #1 scrap any plans to do any major triathlons right now. It's just too stressful. My new goal is to get back into shape and maintain it. Get a routine. I can't think about competing right now. If a race comes along, and I have time, and I'm in shape, and it's local, I'll think about it. As usual, I bit off more than I can chew. #2 Plan on defending in December. I have way too many experiments to do, and it's not feasible to try for August. So that's what I'm telling my committee next Tuesday when I have an update. We'll map out graduation at that time. I'm putting together everything now. I wish I had more data. Why is everything so slow when I've been working so hard? At least these decisions are mine. I stand behind them and I'm in control, and that feels good.

No comments: