Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Back on track

Things are really starting to get back on track. I reached all my exercise goals last week for the first time in a long time, and it felt wonderful. I don't even feel that sore so I know I'm pushing myself just right. I still feel fresh and ready to go too. I worked out 8.6 hours last week (cumulative)! That includes biking, running, swimming, and weight lifting (Yoga not included).
I went for a long (only 24 miles, but long for me) bike ride on Saturday. It was so liberating to go out by myself and just ride. I went in the late afternoon. Of course, right after the half-way point, I'm riding along, and my chain falls off! Usually, it's not a big deal, but it got hopelessly twisted somehow. I'm not that handy with my bike (yet) so it took me 40 minutes to figure out how to get it back on right! I had to downshift (I had crossed the chain--bad, bad) first and then manipulate the rear derailer and feed the chain through it manually to get it untwisted. By the time I got it figured out, it was dusk and I was covered in grease. However, I got it fixed and got home in one piece (bike and all). I was actually kind of proud of myself. I didn't panic or get upset. I just sat down and figured it out. I knew I would have to rely on myself to get home and there was no use getting upset. It was a very empowering experience.
Sunday, I went on an awesome trail run in Queeny Park with a friend. Lots of hills, but also lots to look at. It was soooo nice. There was a horse show going on at the same time. I had mixed feelings. All those beautiful horses. It was nice to watch but I felt kind of sad about being just a bystander.
Lab has gotten kind of busy again. However, I have a date! December 20th. I hope it all works out. I have 3/4 of the rough draft of the thesis written. I can't believe how fast it is going. The only thing that slows it down is when I think of how much I miss Jason. I can't wait for San Diego. The bunnies are a great comfort. They are soooo cuddly!

1 comment:

Kevin Yates said...

That all sounds great...it is wonderful that you fixed your bike yourself.

I dont know anything about bikes...I would probably still be out there trying to figure it out.

Congrats on hitting your goals.