Sunday, October 16, 2005

Finding my pace--day to day

I'm an all or nothing person. One day, I'm running around like made, accomplishing everything. I feel manic; nothing can get in my way. Then, other days, I'm exhausted and it takes everything to get off the sofa. I see-saw back and forth. I wish I could find a happy medium.
After a crazy run-around Thursday, I was exhausted Friday and came home and basically went to sleep at 7 p.m. Saturday, I felt groggy all day. I laid around. Finally, at 6, I put my ass into gear and eeked out a weight-lifting session and a pretty nice 4-mile run on the treadmill. I got to try out my new racing flats--New Balance 900s. They were very comfortable. I actually kind of really like them. After that, I rushed off to lab and did what I had to do since I had put it off all day (my cells weren't happy). Then, I dolled myself up and went out with some friends to bar with a live band to go dancing. (I was late for my friends too--I felt so bad).
It was awesome! I don't go out much, and it was so great to dress up and have fun. I love dancing--you're socializing and moving around and burning off those drinks all at the same time. I danced for at least 2 hours straight! I'm pretty sore today--I don't know if it's from the running, lifting, dancing, or a combination of the three. I drank 2 margaritas and 2 beers--a lot for me and my little 120 lb body.
I don't normally drink so I was very proud of myself that my hangover was quite manageable this morning. I made myself drink 16 ounces of water before I went to bed and then again when I woke up to pee. Plus, I took 2 Ibuprofen when I went to bed and then another 2 after I woke up late this morning (along with a pre-emptive Pepcid for my tummy). All I had was a headache, and the advil, water, and coffee took care of that! This is coming from a person who used to get terrible bouts of dry-heaving the next day so I am tickled with myself! Yipee! Anyway, it was so much fun last night. And I looked HOT--even if I do say so myself. It was a great confidence booster.
Now I'm at lab, making up for yesterday. I'm being good. I may be missing my swim, but this is more important. I'm proud of myself for putting some weekend time in here; afterall, it is crunch time. I'm still hoping to get out for a bike ride and enjoy the wonderful, sunny, 75 degree weather we're getting. Fall is the one time of the year the weather is nice in St. Louis.

Calorie Expenditure for Saturday:
BMR: 1500
Run 4 mi: 400 calories
Weight lift 1 hour: 200
Dance 2 hours: 600
Total: 2700

Yipee!

4 comments:

Pete S. said...

So much character. I really admire people who can put all this effort into their sports. You guys are so strong. I hope you keep achieving!

Rachel said...

Thanks!

Pete S. said...

Don't wanna bug you with my comments, but I just saw A series of unfortunate events is one of your favourite books. I have been keepin' on and on about Lemony Snicket about it on my blog, because the books are so hard to get where I live. Anyhow, take care.

Rachel said...

I get them from QPB.com. I love reading them to my bunnies. btw you can't bug me with too many comments. i love them!