Thursday, October 06, 2005

exhausted, but happy

I woke up this morning with a mysterious bruise on my wrist. Hmmm. My lats and quads are sore. I slept like a rock. I feel great. Tuesday, I weight lifted until I couldn't lift anymore because all my muscles were trembling. Then, I jumped on my bike on the trainer and spun my little heart out for an hour. I watched Everest, a short documentary about a team who climbed Mt. Everest. Very inspirational and amazing.
Wednesday, I made myself drive over to the pool and jump into the freezing, cold water (I'm swimming at Wash. U's pool now, instead of the Y.'s) and swim laps for 45 minutes. God, the water got heavy at the end! Who deuterated the water? Then, after making my way through the disgusting swamp of the locker room (after getting my first case of athlete's foot, I'm never showering there again....ewwwwww), I went back to the little 24-hour gym at my apartment and ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes. I totally tranced out. I felt like I wasn't in my body. I could have run like that forever.
Needless to say, I slept like a rock. I feel great when I exhaust myself like that. Only thing was that I was starving after my run last night. I was craving tuna fish but discovered I didn't have a can opener. Not willing to give up, I searched through my tool kit and pulled out the wrench. I was able to pry open a hole in the can with the wrench after much difficulty (I got tuna oil all over the counter--another ewww). At least I got my tuna sandwich!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness! You really tore it up on Tuesday. Keep working out like that and look out Ironman. Stay after it...

Kevin Yates said...

I so love the exhausted feeling after an incredible workout like that...

Very inventive on getting your tuna opened...i probably would have settled for something else.

Public showers are def an ewwww...i dont use public showers AT ALL!! Not because of athlete's foot (although I have had that) I have a thing about body hair...it so grosses me out...even my own.

Keep it up Rachel.

Fizzgig said...

whew! im tired reading it! lol!
props to you on opening up the tuna can... pretty inventive!