Thursday, October 27, 2005

Birthday Blues

It's my birthday. I'm in a bad mood. I woke up with a migraine headache. Came into lab. All my cells are dead and nothing to do with a defense looming. I have to give another talk on Saturday and go to this stupid "retreat" tomorrow (overnight) that I DON'T want to go to. Plus, I'm majorly PMSing. My computer totally fizzed out and wouldn't boot up. I had to call tech support. It's still kind of funny but at least I somewhat repaired the OS. All my friends are being wonderful. Every single one of them came and gave me a hug. We're going out to dinner tonight. They drew birthday balloons on my bench paper. They're so sweet. However, Jason forgot my birthday, and that totally nixes everything. I'm totally pissed.
Babs is doing very well after her surgery. She's in some pain but she's loving the extra attention she's getting. I showed the pet sitter how to give her her meds while I'm gone Friday night. I hope it goes okay. Babs is such a mommy's girl.
This week has been my "R&R" week, which is good b/c I haven't really had time to exercise. However, this time is up, and it's time to jump back into it so I don't lose fitness. I feel so stressed out right now. I feel like my whole world is being turned upside-down. Plus, it's my birthday, and it forces me to reflect on the past year. I'm 28, and that's fine. I just feel like I don't know what the hell is going on.

5 comments:

Fizzgig said...

happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

I hope that the year ahead is your best one yet.

Kevin Yates said...

happy birthday...sorry that it sounds like the past few days have been crappy.

One of my friends, on her birthday, wrote down a list of things that she was thankful for that was as long as the birthday number (i.e., she had 40 things on her list because it was her 40th bday)

Rachel said...

Thanks, guys. I had a great weekend. I realized what great friends I have. I am very lucky.

~ good girl ~ said...

Hey Rachel,

Happy belated birthday! I was just looking at my blog and bemoaning how lazy i have been with it. My birthday is coming (again!) in 2 months and i went to that date on my blog. Saw your comment and popped in here. and then saw your birthday post. LOL! What is it about birthdays that has the potential for a dash of morose and a dollop of "f*ck me! have i done anything useful??!"? Anyhow, new year, new adventures, no? As with last year's bday wish, i just want to breathe...and be happy, of course ;) Starting a new blog, hopefully I'll be less of a slacker abt it. Say hello to the California sun for me!