Thursday, November 03, 2005

How NOT to have an R&R Week

All I can say is: do what I say, not as I do. Between my presentations, the MCB "retreat", my birthday, Halloween partying, and Bab's surgery last week, it was a good thing I decided to have an R&R week. However, I did absolutely NO exercise the entire week, which was not the idea. The idea was to reduce the volume, not eliminate it. I should have still done something. Yoga, walking, team sports, etc....

Anyway, I've finally been getting back into this week. Luckily, I didn't lose too much fitness, I feel well-rested, fresh, and excited about my workouts, which is the whole point of having an R&R week. So, oh well. I ran and weight-lifted Tuesday and biked Wednesday.

Each workout fills me with excitement and energy. It makes me feel very spiritual and creative. I am totally going with it--not holding back. I've posted little motivational sayings all around my apartment; I made a new one last night, my new mantra: "Here and Now." It reminds me to be in the present moment and to live each day fully so that I can reap the benefits of all my hard work. I like it...it's a good one. My friends think I should staple the "Calm Down" post to my forehead. Ha, ha. Other sayings I like include, "Little and often," and "Turn up the frequency."

After my bike ride, I ended my workout session by practicing my "model walk" after watching "America's Top Model" just for fun. Then, I had a little singing and dancing session with my iPod. Finally, since I was all sweaty after my bike ride, I did a little naked Yoga session. Ah, the joys of living in an apartment all alone. Needless to say, I'm definitely taking advantage of the situation.

No comments: