Thursday, November 17, 2005

Crunch Time

The 1-month countdown has begun. 3 weeks until I have to turn in my thesis and less than 3 more until my defense. I've never been so busy. I've been in lab until midnight the past 3 days in a row (including Sunday). At least I've been very productive.

I feel very out of balance and depressed that I haven't been more physically active. I come home exhausted and can't sleep. Lately, I've been falling asleep on the couch in front of the t.v. and then moving to the bed so I can "trick" myself into sleeping. That's worked pretty well.

It was 18 degrees F when I woke up this morning. I am trying to savor (what there is to savor) about this weather because I'll never have to endure it again once I'm in San Diego. Darn. P.S. Cold weather sucks.

I have been painting some and that feels really good. The bunnies have been a great comfort. Oscar woke me up this morning, grunting and running around and rattling the fence. He's so silly. Jason comes to visit next week for Thanksgiving. I can't wait. I miss him so much. (My body does too.) Then, at least I can stop lustfully daydreaming about every man (and woman) that walks past.

5 comments:

Fizzgig said...

You've been so busy your mind can't quit working!! It'll be nice to see the hubby finally!! Enjoy!

Kevin Yates said...

I second the "being busy"...this is the first time I have been able to read your blog in about three weeks.

I am sure your thesis and defense will go well. It always has sounded like you have worked so hard on it.

Kudos that your hubby will be there this week.

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Kevin Yates said...

I hope things are going well for you during this crunch time Rach.

Anonymous said...

Where have you gone???

Your dedicated readers are missing your wonderful posts.

Come back to us!

Rachel said...

You're so sweet! I'm still here. Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I promise to be better!