Wednesday, June 01, 2005

New Rules

I'm so mad at myself for being such a lazy slob. I am reactivating my drill seargant and kicking my ass into high gear. I'm hoping that by October, I'll be back to tip-top triathlon shape, just for the sake of my own self-worth. Here are some rules I'm setting, effective today:

1. Exercise 6 days a week for at least 40 minutes where my heart rate is above 125 the whole time.
2. Weight lift at least 2 days a week.
3. On one of these days, include fun exercise that I don't normally do (basketball, tennis, roller blading, etc.). This can substitute for exercise stipulated in rule #1.
4. Eliminate sweets and desserts from my diet for 1 entire consecutive week. After this time period had elapsed successfully, I am allowed a small dessert (300 calories or less), measured out, every other day, or less.
5. Begin evaluating diet, planning out meals, and counting calories to eat more healthfully.
6. Be in bed, lights out, by midnight each night, no exceptions.
7. Get out of bed by 8 a.m. the latest, every morning during the week, and 8:30 a.m. on weekends.
8. Naps must be restricted to 1 hour or less and must be before 5 p.m., no exceptions.

I think this is a good start.

2 comments:

Erin Nicole said...

i think this sounds like a summer camp schedule...especially the lights out part. ;)

Rachel said...

Boot camp! I was able to follow some of the rules last night.