Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rachel's Animal Art

I'm really behind on posting. First, I never did a year-end recap. It took a little while to see how I was going to post it. Instead of numbers and data (like I've done every other year), it's going to be a little more qualitative. Stay tuned...

I've been trying to invest a lot of time in the job search. I've also been spending some time doing things I've never had time to......writing. I'm working on a Triathlon Memoir. We'll see. I'm on Chapter 4. It'll be neat to see how it turns out.

And...painting? Yup, been doing that too. I like doing it to relax. Plus, it satiates the animal lover in me at the same time (I paint animals). Well, after painting some of the dogs at the animal shelter, I realized another way I might be able to give back. So, in addition to walking dogs at the local animal shelter, I've decided to try to use proceeds from some of my paintings to help local animal rescue groups. Check it out!

Rachel's Animal Art
http://www.rachelsanimalart.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Kate said...

I love the things you're doing with your "time off". Great idea with the animal paintings- good luck!

Diana said...

Nice paintings!
Ewwww, a book! How exciting. Put me on the pre-sale list for sure!

Christi said...

Awesome! Your paintings are great!

Fizzgig said...

so talented!!!!!!

Heather said...

Do you have any paintings currently for sale? How much do you sell the watercolors for? I LOVE your horse paintings, they are absolutely gorgeous.

Rachel said...

HP,

Yes! The horse paintings are for sale. Are you interested in notecards, a print, or a painting? Let me know and we can discuss the details.

rachelsanimalart@hotmail.com

Andy said...

Can't wait to hear about your end of year review! And I love your animal art! I am going to have to add that to my blogroll list!

Iron Boy said...

Hey Rachel, actually just stumbled upon your blog here. I'm a triathlete myself from the Philippines and I'm working to do my first half Ironman this Aug.

I hope you don't mind if I take a look around =)