Tuesday, September 07, 2010

New Year; Day 4

Little by little, I'm gaining back my energy. I miss the way I used to feel when I was in shape. I'm tired of the sedentary lifestyle. I'm eating better. And I'm working out every day. Well, almost every day (and it's only day 4).

The Jewish New Year (Rosh Hashanah) begins at sundown tomorrow. More than ever, I need a new start, a new beginning. I'm more than ready to say goodbye to last year and start fresh. What perfect timing! I need this motivation. My goal is to a) workout every day (it doesn't matter what) and b) eat healthier by cooking more. I went to the grocery store and stockpiled the fridge with lots of fruits and veggies. I love snacking on these goodies at home!

I've been running with the dogs; they love it. I even did weights for the first time in 3 months! I'm craving a bike ride. Saturday, I took the dogs for an off-leash 4-miler on the trails behind the house. Even though I was huffing and puffing up every hill (and even had to take a few walk breathers), I loved every minute of it. It felt so invigorating. The only part I didn't like so much? Leaping over a 3-foot rattlesnake in the middle of the trail. Yikes!

Here's to a new year and a fresh start!

7 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Good luck to you, and please be sure to post about what works and what doesn't. I've been in a bit of a slump myself and I need some new ideas and inspiration.

Grey Beard said...

If your experience with CFS is like mine was it will take awhile to get back to 100%, but this is definitely moving in the right direction.

Sitting in the sun/heat eating salty chips and lots of salsa always seemed to help. Two friends who survived chemotherapy reported the same therapeutic effect of chips and salsa. YMMV, of course.

I'm living proof you can beat this disease once and for all. 20+ yrs and no relapses, no symptoms.

I always look forward to your posts. Happy to hear you are making a new start. What a great idea!

NursAdrn said...

Good for you!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you're taking care of yourself. Keep it up Rachel!

Unknown said...

L'shanah tovah -- Hope you have a Happy and Healthy New Year!! I really enjoy your posts. Hope you are feeling better and keep up the work outs!!!

Diana said...

I most definitely didn't need to read that last sentence of your post! YIKES and YUCKS!!!!
Welcome back to the non-sedentary lifestyle!
Follow that urge to run, follow that urge to bike! Keep it fun!!

Christi said...

I hate those rattlers!