Friday, May 29, 2009

This Sucks

What was a minor cold is now a raging sinus infection. I'm bone-tired from a) being sick and b) not being able to sleep because I can't breathe. Breathing is so much effort. I'm tired from breathing. My chest hurts from blowing my nose. I've done so many saline sinus rinses, there's water in my ears. Big yellow globs are coming out of my nose. I have zero energy and a low-grade fever. I can't taste or smell or even hear very well. Eating is a chore. I've lost 6 lbs. I'm completely miserable. There is nothing in my life right now that gives me pleasure. Including breathing out of my nose. So much for the marathon on Sunday. That I did all the training for. All of it. Except for Canada, that was my only other big race this year. Down the toilet.

11 comments:

Diana said...

There's nothing worse than a deep sinus infection. I am not a fan of antibiotics, but sounds like you're at that point!
I like to turn the shower on super hot, close the door and then go in the room about 15 minutes later with all the steam and just sit there and let things drain......ahhh, relief!
Best of luck and hope you're feeling better soon!

Grey Beard said...

Time for some Jack & Coke then! :D
Tele-hugz? So sorry girl. Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you :-(

RoadBunner said...

Oh, no! So sorry :( Rest up and get better soon. And all that training wasn't for NOTHING! You'll have that in your system for Canada.

Trainer Shauna said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! Are you doing the Ironman in Penticton in August? I live close by and usually volunteer for it. I'll be cheering for you! :)

Dennis said...

Rachel,

I've been following your blog for quite a while - never really took the time to sign up to google so I could comment - until I saw this post. I feel so sorry for you, to put all this time and effort into a major race, then not be able to compete. The good news is, that this cold will pass, you will feel better, and you will be faster for your next event!!!

Good luck, and hang in there!
Dennis

Mom of Many said...

Another lurker coming forth to send you "Get Well" wishes! I am a Canadian work-at-home Mom of five little tikes, training for my first (sprint) tri (June 15). I come to your blog often, I love reading about others' training and tri experiences. What race are you doing here?

Steph said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your sinus infection!

Nothing much to say except here's to the next race that I'm sure you will do AWESOME at, and I hope you'll be feeling better soon!

Wes said...

yea, get well soon!!!

Fizzgig said...

eck! do you have a netti pot? I swear by it! it cleans your sinuses and soothes them. It's a great investment!

Unknown said...

Rachel,

Take a look at your past few posts. You're injured and now sick. Are you training too much? Overtrained?

I hope you made it through your marathon so you can spend a few weeks recovering!

Dave T.
VeloPress

Unknown said...

Get well girl!!! :)