What any graduate student needs to survive in lab:
1. A good watch with a timer.
3. Lots of caffeine--coffee, coffee beans, soda, whatever.
5. Microwave, refrigerator, and lots of food
6. Coffee shop within walking distance...open late
7. Pizza that delivers...late...right to your door
8. Apartment close by
9. A quiet, secret place with a comfortable sofa for naps (libraries are good).
10. Lab bench and desk out of ear shot of the P.I.'s office. ;)
11. Personal lab monkey
13. Laptop with ethernet connection and DVD drive
15. Cell phone with excellent reception
16. Toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash
17. Very understanding labmates
18. Chef and personal assistant
19. Blow-up, life-size rhinocerous toy
20. Personal trainer and gym