Friday, July 28, 2006

Hitch in my Giddy-Up


Well, I definitely screwed up my groin muscle. It hurts to lift my leg. Going up stairs is very interesting. To get over the gate that separates Oscar from Taz and Babs, I have to use my arms to manually lift my leg over. I guess running and biking are out right now. That sucks! Especially about the bike. I have been totally missing my bike workouts! At least I can still swim. Maybe it will be for the best since I need to work on that anyway. Also, I'm truly tired and could probably use the rest. I just hope it heals in time for the 1/2 marathon without me losing any fitness (Aug. 20). What timing. Worst part is...I have no idea how I did it.

11 comments:

punky said...

sorry to hear about your "hitch." I am planning to attend our reunion. You should definitely come.

I'm glad you had a good time in Wisconsin ... did you get to go riding?

Glad to hear lab is picking up too! Miss ya!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Oh dear... sounds very painful. Time to stretch and get massages?

Andy said...

Yeah, if you read just below my post you responded to yesterday (I posted three times yesterday for some reason), I pulled my trap muscle on the right side of my back. It hurts in my back and shoots up the right side of my neck. At least I only injured my "swimming muscles" I feel bad that what happened to you can affect all three disciplines. I hope you get better soon.

Murtha...

Chris said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear. Hope you heal up soon. And have fun with the swimming!

qcmier said...

Maybe the hip flexor? Hope you get better.

Cliff said...

Rachel,

Have you try stretching in the hot tub? I found that help a lot.

Fizzgig said...

That's gotta be the worst part, not knowing how you did it!

Mike said...

I hate the mystery injuries...a pain in my shoulder woke me up at 4am this morning and I didn't do anything with my arms this weekend...not anything that could cause that kind of pain anyway...
Rest and heal up!

Jack said...

Hope you heal up quickly. If you can get in some swimming you won't lose fitness too quickly. Fast walks would help too, if you are able to do this.

Kewl Nitrox said...

So are you feeling better yet, or do we keep on praying for you? :)

JeffM said...

That's frustrating not knowing what caused it. Sounds like you had some wild times at work lately. Did you get to ride on vacation?