Sunday, July 16, 2006

Carlsbad photos

these photos are a little late but here they are!!!
from LAST weekend's race (Carlsbad, NOT Camp Pendleton).
Don't forget to check out the race report from this weekend's race below (Camp Pendleton).

Left--After running up the beach from a fantastic swim. Look Ma, no wetsuit!














Below--Grrr! My focus face on the bike. Center--Making sure no one else is coming on the turn-around. Right--up the big hill at the start of the bike. Smile for the camera!





Left--Great Grrrr face on the bike!
Right--Finding my pace on the run.

Left--Crossing the finish and keeping a stoic face. Look! I have quad muscles!

12 comments:

Habeela said...

Looks like a great race!

Anonymous said...

Are these official race photos? I never see so many in my races...

Looking good! That photo of you crossing the finish line makes you look larger than life. And with great form too!

Chris said...

Great pics and yes, those are some very nice quads! You look strong and happy throughout!

Unknown said...

Very cool photos! I love your tri kit...

Cliff said...

You look so strong and relax..are u sure u are racnig :)

Barb said...

Nice pictures!! You look so composed and in control!

JeffM said...

Great pics- you do look relaxed. Read your Pendleton report- great race! Did the run in 57 minutes with that heat- you're good!! I've got a sprint then an olympic coming up both in August.

Rachel said...

Thanks everyone! You guys are the greatest. It's nice having a "virtual" group of buddies to help motivate me.

Fizzgig said...

You look famous! Seriously! You always have a look on your face of determination, never exhausted, like one might expect after all you go through in a race!

qcmier said...

Nice Job!!! Nice pics too. That look of seriousness does make you look strong.

I am impressed at how you break down your races in so much detail. Must be that all that scientific research.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your second Olympic tri! Thanks for sharing the great pics. You look fantastic!

Emily Elizabeth said...

Hey Rachel, my name is Emily and I'm up in northern CA. I have only my second olympic triathlon coming up this Sunday and am contemplating going no wetsuit. How have your swim experiences been w/out the added buoyancy of a wetsuit?
Thanks for any insight! EK