Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Weekly Evaluation

Last week, I struggled towards the unattainable goal of having a "perfect week." I feel very short. I missed 1 bike, 1 run, 1 swim, and 1 weight lifting session as well as coming in under the minimum amount of training time (under 5 hours). I'm not happy. Not only that, I put off errands so that they got shoved off on this week, making this week difficult to obtain a perfect week for the 2nd time in a row. I'm not happy with myself. Everything was going great until Thursday. I took an unplanned day off. I was tired. I looked back over my training log. Seems that I've taken Thursday off every week for the last 9 weeks. What gives? Why is Thursday been dubbed "lazy couch potato day"? Anyway, I had to scramble Monday morning to go grocery shopping, and the apartment still needs to be cleaned as well as other odds and ends. I also am not up to doubling workouts in one day yet, which didn't help. So even though I biked Friday and had the race on Saturday, I still fell short. Then, Sunday, I took another day off. Bad, bad, bad. I was still kind of tired from the race. In addition, I had a huge assignment due in lab on Monday, and it took me all day Sunday (until 3 a.m.) to finish it. I wanted to make a good impression on my new boss. Well, at least I accomplished that mission. Sigh. Here I am off to another lousy week. I hate starting off on the wrong foot.

1 comment:

diebenkorn said...

Ra-Ra, don't be so hard on yourself... you're doing awesome!