Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Highlights of my past 24 hours

Monday:
1. Woke up late to hungry bunnies realizing I still hadn't gone grocery shopping.
2. Received compliment from P.I. about revisions I made on her grant.
3. Successfully harvested elicited peritoneal macrophages from 3 mice--6 x 10^7 cells/mL, baby!
4. Earned a free coffee (11th one free deal).
5. Got an awesome deep tissue massage.
6. Answered phone as walked in the door only to find Grandma from TN had dropped in for a surprise visit due to a serious illness my great aunt (her sister) has (who lives here).

Tuesday:
1. Missed lab meeting b/c of great aunt's illness.
2. Have felt guilty all day about it.
3. Made reservations for dinner with Grandma (coersion).
4. Rushed around all day to get RNA from stimulated macrophages (see #3 Monday).
5. Missed lunch and nearly fainted in mouse surgery class.
6. Completely messed up 2 moderate Sudoku puzzles.
7. Am going to be late for dinner.
8. Still need to clean apartment, change litterboxes, do laundry, pay bills, balance checkbook and budget, bike, and weight lift somehow after dinner.


Sigh. Recipe for disaster.

4 comments:

diebenkorn said...

i know how you feel, i've been going on empty for a while now. but i feel like it's ok to slow down; i want to take care of myself. you should too! don't tire yourself out.

Erin Nicole said...

woah, slow down sweetie! :)

you'll be fine, i promise. things have a way of working themselves out.

sorry to hear about your aunt's illness. i hope she's doing better.

take care and give those buns a good petting from me!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

The things that need to get done will somehow get done. But hungry bunnies...? My Tidbit stomps her big bunny feet if I'm late with breakfast!

Hang in there!

Rachel said...

thanks everyone!
erin--i can't wait for you to come. And it would be SO COOL to do some work outs with you. I won't kill you, I promise. What do you want to do, sea kayaking, swimming, tennis, basketball, running, biking, walking, weight lifting, Yoga, hiking, you name it!