Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Manic Busy

I finally feel recovered after my late night out in the Gaslamp. Phew! I'm going out of town for a wedding in Tenessee this weekend, and this is one of the final Build weeks before I begin to taper for Soma so the crunch is on. I may feel like I'm going crazy but I always do best under pressure so I'm getting an exorbitant amount of stuff done. Here's what I've done so far, mixed with what I'm planning to do:

Monday--
Erin headed back to Davis in the am (sniff, sniff).
After work, squeezed in a 4 mile run
Just made it for my much-needed massage (after all that dancing!)
Went home and lifted weights (not very sensible after lifting weights but oh well).

Tuesday--
swam in my masters swim class--is it just me, or is it getting harder to wake up in the morning?
Here's the workout (aptly named "Too Many 100s): http://swimtri.blogspot.com/2007/09/too-many-100s.html
Made it just in time for lab meeting. Work's been crazy too!
Snuck out to go to B&L (my favorite bike store) for some adjustments to Torch--new bike seat and shortened handlebars
Quickie ride on the coast
Intended to go to Yoga but too wiped--went home and went to bed by 9:00 pm instead (I was toast!)

Wednesday--
Rushed Oscar to the vet this morning to drop him off for surgery. His teeth are bothering him (again) and his abcess may be coming back. I hate leaving him!

I have to try and get as much done at lab before rushing back to pick up Oscar. Plus, I have to show the pet sitter how to give Oscar his meds.
Tonight--planning a 6-mile Rose Canyon run, followed by weights and 20-30 minutes of stretching.

Thursday--
Master's swim in the am
Work my ass off in lab
Get in a solid 20 mile tempo ride
Do a little grocery shopping for the buns, clean up the apt, and pack!

Friday--
Cove swim 6 am, bright and early
Be home, showered and ready to go 7:30 am to the airport for our 9:00 am flight
Arrive in Bristol, TN 7:30 EST (yuck!)

Saturday--
The one little slice of heaven all week--a fantastic 10-mile run Sat am along the VA Creeper Trail in Abingdon.
http://trigirlrunning.blogspot.com/2007/09/virginia-creeper-trail.html
5 pm wedding

Sunday--
6 am flight back to SD (at least I get back early)
1:30 pm 60 mile ride
http://sdbikeroutes.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekend-training-ride-93007.html

Then, I can crash.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, a full plate you have there. I followed everything just fine except for one part...you have a pet sitter??

Have yourself a great trip.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Tidbit sends nose kisses to her friend Oscar! Get better, buddy!

Rainmaker said...

Yikes, all of the other bunny pictures showed 'happy-friendly-cute bunny'. This picture looks downright scary - the bunny has the evil stare going on.

Sara said...

Yawn! I'm tired just reading it!! A pet sitter for a bunny?

Have a great week and have a blast at the wedding!