Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Gadgets and stuff

My quads are so sore. I took yesterday off b/c my dad was visiting but I'm really on an exercise rampage. I want to do a triathlon in October. 500 m swim/20 mi bike/5 mile run. I think I can handle it. I'm running 3 miles comfortably and I will be running 4 by the end of the week and 6 next week. I've started biking and just need to do some road rides. Now....to the pool. But anyone can do 10 laps. I just need to tie it all together.
I kind of want on a little shopping spree. I bought a new bike computer that measures distance, speed, and cadence. It's wireless and attaches to the rear wheel so you can use it with the trainer. I'm so excited. I can't wait until it gets here. Plus, I ordered 2 Spinervals DVDs to spice up the workouts on the trainer. Then, I ordered some books from Amazon about training for an Ironman (my dream someday) and swim workouts for triathletes. This will keep the pool swimming (ugh) interesting. I really love open-water swimming the most. That, to me, is how it should be. The pool is like a treadmill. But these workouts come in a water-proof binder that you take to the pool so you never have to do the same swim twice. I'm excited about my new stuff.
Today, I'm exhausted and sleep-deprived. I'm seriously considering taking my computer home and sneaking in a nap since all I'm doing today is desk work anyway. Ugh, the guilt, the guilt.

No comments: