Thursday, July 13, 2023

So much to say... (Tri for Fun-Rancho Seco, Cal Tri Sonoma, Woodside Ramble)

  I feel like time is flying. The workouts keep coming. I'm on cloud nine but haven't had much time to post. My days are composed of wake up, eat, workout, eat, sleep, workout, sleep, repeat. I love having summers off. I've been doing 3 swims, runs, bikes and 2 weights weekly with daily stretching and naps. I feel great and am in good shape. I work hard mentally not to beat myself up or compare myself to where I was 10 years ago. I'm doing this for health and happiness. My goals are consistency and sustainability. My big finale this year will be Santa Cruz 70.3 (Sept. 10th). I'm ready. I'm excited. During my workouts, I try to slow down and enjoy the experience. Running on trails is my happy place. Below are some of my favorite photos of workouts and races from the past 6 months. 


I won my age group! Sometimes, getting older has it rewards. This was the Olympic Triathlon in Rancho Seco near Sacramento (Tri for Fun) in June, 2023. I had a great time.

Getting out of the water (left, red-and-white jersey) at Cal Tri Sonoma (Guerneville) in late June. The swim was in the Russian River (Johnson's Beach). I did the Olympic. Bike takes you to Windsor (point-to-point) and is very scenic, winding through farms and wine country. I had a  blast. 


Half marathon in Huddart Park (Woodside Ramble) put on by Inside Trail Racing (awesome events)this winter. I love running here and do so often. It's peaceful and in the mystic redwoods. It's only 20 minutes from my home. I did several (about 3) trail half marathons this season (so far). They are always wicked hard with lots of climbing (at least 2,000 feet). They always kick my ass, but I love the trails and the experience.


No comments: