Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Already Week 7?

 Just got back from a trip to Portland to see my sister. Proud to say, the trip did not derail my weight loss or fitness goals. After the weight gain hiccup last week (which was due to bloat, yay PMS), I have now lost a total of 8 pounds! Feeling proud. Long story short--keep sticking with it, no matter what the scale says. It will all even out in the end. I also met my workout quota last week! Double yay!

Friday, July 9th--This was the day I flew to Portland. Luckily, it was in the afternoon so I had time for weights and a 5.5 mile neighborhood run with Juneau. It went very smoothly.

Saturday was a rest day in Portland.

Sunday, July 11--I woke up early and put on my running shoes for a Portland run along the Columbia River. It was cool, gorgeous and lined with wildflowers. I ran about 4.5 miles. My left ankle has been feeling sore. I think it started when I rolled it on a hike (which I due often). It's starting to get worse.

Monday was the day I flew back to SFO. I took a rest day. Felt jet-lagged even though I didn't cross any time zone. 

Tuesday, July 13--felt groggy all day. Finally went out for a 5.5 mile neighborhood run in the late afternoon. I felt groggy and slow. My left outer ankle hurt. I got it done and followed it up with a solid weight session. Juneau helped on the run. Run route linked here.

I finally did a google search on my ankle. Pretty sure it's peroneal tendonitis. Fits perfectly with the symptoms and my anatomy. I have weak ankles. I roll them all the time. I'm going to need to do some strengthening exercises to tackle this. I think I can still run through it since I'm only doing 3 days a week of about 5 miles. I won't be able to add mileage for awhile. I will need to avoid slanted surfaces and be careful of not rolling it when I trail run. 

No comments: