Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sick Stomach Ruins Saturday Run

That's my headline for Saturday. I don't know if it was something I ate or swallowing too much salt water during the ocean swim Friday night but I woke up at 1 a.m. Friday night feeling verrry naseous. Without going into too much detail....well, let's just say it was a long night of my stomach rebelling. Maybe it was all the salt water. I still don't really know. (By the way, does swallowing salt water during your swim count towards electrolyte replacement?) Needless to say, I wasn't going anywhere Saturday morning, much less a 10 mile run. (on the beach with my friends...Damn!) I slept and nibbled all day. Chicken noodle soup. Saltines. Gatorade. My stomach apparently had finished its protest and, thankfully, left me alone.

I woke up Sunday feeling awesome and Jason and I headed up to Poway for an organized event--Tour de Poway. We only did the 44 mile option but that's pretty good for me! Especially after Friday night. So the weekend was definitely salvageable. More on the awesome bike ride later.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

7 comments:

Habeela said...

Guh! Glad it was only a 24 hour thing. Ick!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Sounds awful. I've always wondered if salt water could mess you up like that. I don't think you should do a controlled experiment, though, to determine if that was really the cause. It could get nasty.

I'm glad you're better now!

Cliff said...

ekk....glad u are fine to go on a bike ride.

Fizzgig said...

bleh! Well, I know the Atlantic made me sick for a day last time I was at Va. Bch. That's nasty stuff!

Jodi said...

I used to get that weird 24 hour stomach bug every year. It sucks. Glad you were able to bounce back! 44 is about an optimal nice bike ride.

Jodi

Rice said...

10 miles of beach?? is that all one way?

sorry to hear about the stomach but remember, for the most part the body knows what it has to do to keep you alive..

Cheers.

Rice.

JeffM said...

Pretty good that you can bounce back and do 44 miles after being sick.