Monday, June 18, 2007

Quotes Galore

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

--Confucious


Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.

--Mary Kay Ash


"One ceases to recognize the significance of mountain peaks if they are not viewed occasionally from the deepest valleys."--- Dr. Al Lorin

"The gun goes off and everthing changes... the world changes... and nothing else really matters."
--Patti Sue Plummer

"Give me somewhere to stand, and I will move the earth." -- Archimedes

"The journey is the reward."
--Chinese Proverb

“Mind is everything; muscle [mere] pieces of rubber.All that I am, I am because of my mind.”
- Paavo Nurmi

"Sometimes winning has nothing to do with being first across the finish line"
--John Bingham

7 comments:

Cliff said...

Rachel,

About swimming open water...I was swimming 30 strokes freestyle and 10 strokes breastroke. I don't seem to swim straight :o). I am confident i can relearn how to swim comfy in open water before Ironman....:D...shall be fun!

Two quotes I like:

Excellence can be attained if you care more than others think is wise, risk more than others think safe, dream more than others think is practical, and expect more than others think is possible. " - Author Unknown

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."

Jodi said...

Just what I needed! Thanks for the inspiration!

:-)

Jodi

Unknown said...

Love that one by Paavo Nurmi. One of my favorites! Now if only I could remember that during the run...

Dances with Corgis said...

I love the bumblebee one. That is my favorite part of "The Triathlete's Bible" by Friel, his little vinette titled "The bumblebee and the racehorse."

RunBubbaRun said...

I always like having some type of quote on me during an important race.

Thanks for more ideas..

Anonymous said...

Great qoutes! I like to put good ones in the margins of my journal.

panasonic massage chairs

Anonymous said...

More quotes for your repetoire:

http://www.dynoswim.com/archives/quote_for_the_week/