Friday, March 19, 2010

Ready for the Weekend

Last weekend's Iron training (100 mile ride and 18 mile run) left me pretty knackered. I did a lot of sleeping and eating this week, managing to sneak in a 4 mile run on Tuesday. After conquering a pretty bad migraine Thursday, I picked myself up and salvaged a 35 mile ride, followed by a 2 mile brick run and weights. Today is a swim. It's not a problem that this week's training has been so light. Why? Afterall, I only have a few more weeks of training left before my taper. Well, #1: it's supposed to be a recovery week. #2: I'm running my first ultramarathon tomorrow, Oriflamme 50K (http://www.oriflamme50k.com/). Keep your fingers crossed! Great way to recover, eh?
--pics from last weekend's 18-miler

6 comments:

Formulaic said...

Awesome picks! Looks like you are having a great time.

And I am sure you'll have a great time this weekend.

Enjoy your first ultra! They are addictively fun!

Formulaic said...

Awesome Pic!

Duh! ;D

Christi said...

Now those are some great race pics! I have not had a great race pic yet! Good Luck this weekend!

bunnygirl said...

Good luck on your firs ultra!

Benson said...

Holy super stud-ette.
Iron training AND an Ultra?
I'm not worthy.
Really good pics of you there.
Good luck.
Strong and steady.

Aimee (I Tri To Be Me) said...

Wow...I can't even imagine training for an ironman and a ultramarathon!! Good luck in your race this weekend! :)