I've been so busy lately, I haven't had time to breathe. But it's good busy. Here's the scoop:
1. Acupuncture is awesome. It's been helping Jason with his inner ear/vertigo thing. He's still not back at work but at least he's not bedridden anymore. And he's eating! I started getting acupuncture too for back and stomach pain. Weird, wacky and wild stuff but I'm sold. It's for real.
2. After my killer 4th of July bike ride, went for a swim with the tri club on Friday in the cove. Had a blast. Swam a mile without feeling dizzy and sick afterwards. Yipee! Sighting a landmark on land helped. So did the pre-swim Pepcid.
3. Biked with the club Saturday morning. Took Torch. Had so much fun, I accidentally went 50. Oops.
4. Went for my long run with my awesome running group Sunday. Felt awful the first 4 and then hit my stride coming back. Got that "floating" feeling and was able to pace with the leaders. Felt strong and awesome. Finally got my running mojo back.
5. On my 6 mile mid-week run last week, saw a gorgous Great Blue Heron on the railroad tracks. So majestic. Gently shooed him away to a safer place.
6. FINALLY got back into my master's swimming class this morning. Made myself get in the pool even though I didn't want to, and it felt good. I've gotten SLOW!!! Argh. Coach timed me formally--2:25 for a 100, a good 25-30 seconds slower than I used to be (which was slow). Crap. Guess bad can get worse. He gave me a brief evaluation of my stroke. Turns out my legs are too high in the water, and my head is too low so my ass is sticking out in the air. Who does that? Why do I have the opposite problem of everyone else? I have to focus on swimming with my head up like a water polo player. Weird.
Camp Pendleton International is this weekend!!! Torch's debut! Gotta make sure he's ready. I'm stoked.....
Hope everyone is having a great week.